Stay Health this Monsoon
The rainy season is characterised by low digestion power and low immunity levels.
Here are a few guidelines to keep fit and healthy during the monsoon season.
- Eating fruits restore energy leaves. Opt for fruits such as papaya, mango, pomegranate, apple. Avoid fruits that are high in water content, such as watermelon, muskmelon.
- Apples assist in digestion, particularly during monsoon when the digestion system is weak.
- Avoid salty foods, naturally sour foods such as tamarind, tomatoes. They lead to water retention in the body.
- Intake of turmeric, neem or fenugreek helps to reduce risk of infection in the body.
- Consume honey, ginger, pepper, mint, tulsi, herbal tea. They have antibacterial properties.
- Avoid uncooked/ raw foods and opt for steamed salads.
- Drink only boiled and purified water.
- Avoid foods that are heavy to digest, such as potatoes, green leafy vegetables, sprouts etc.
- Avoid frozen food & ice creams.
- Consume wheat, barley, oats, old rice, gramflour, corn.
- Boost immunity by adding dash of garlic to your daily diet.
- Opt for curd or thin buttermilk over milk.
- Consuming bitter foods, such as bittergourd, neem help to avoid skin infections and allergies.