A Quick Starter : Grape Crostini
The summer calls for meeting up with friends for a barbeque, having friends over for tea etc. Its the season of meeting & catching up with friends & family. Not to forget unexpected visitors during the summer holidays. All this always finds us rummaging through our recipe collection to find something quick & easy!
This Grape Crostini is one such straightforward recipe which is sure to be enjoyed by the young & old alike. Just a bite into this cheesy (not too much as to make you sit straight & count the calories!) delight feels like heaven! Have it with Apple Lemonade which has a hint of spice from the ginger. I know, its a role reversal here, a slightly sweet starter & a spicy drink!
French bread topped with creamy grape & capsicum topping!
Write a review
- French bread - cut into round slices OR regular bread slices, cut into 2 or 4
For the topping
- 4 tbsp cheese spread - plain or pepper flavored
- chilli flakes - qty depending on how much heat u can take 🙂
- freshly ground pepper - if using plain cheese spread
- some chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves
- half of a green bell pepper (capsicum), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup black grapes, each cut into 4
- Toast the bread slices lightly in the oven for 10 to 15 mins till light brown & crisp. You could also toast them in a pan over gas.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients of the topping. Add some more spread if required for binding. I added only about 3 tbsp out of the 4 mentioned above.
- Keep the topping over the freshly toasted warm bread & serve immediately. This makes for a refreshing starter!
- It is important to wash the grapes thoroughly. First rinse them in water & soak them in clean and salted water for at least 15 mins and rinse again with clean water. Drain and the grapes are ready to use.
- You could mix the topping, say maybe an hour in advance and assemble just before you serve.
Prathi Ruchi Recipes http://prathiruchi.com/recipes/